Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bread and butter

Today I am introducing you to one of my favourite new places to go for tea, breakfast, lunch - in fact, I feel like going there now! :) It is called Bread and Butter, and you can find them on Sandown road in Sunningdale, Cape Town. (Just look for the new Checkers Hyper shopping center - you really can't miss it..!) 


They have this 'feast' table that is absolutely packed with food! My mouth watered as I walked in, and it was quite difficult to decide what to eat. Everything looked so yummy, and the smell of more fresh baking in the kitchen....mmmm... Yumm!



I am so going back for the Oreo Cupcakes (!!!) and that chocolate cake. 


I was told by my sisters-in-law to try the banana bread. Ok fine, I thought. Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed! They toast the banana bread, and serve it with mascarpone cheese and honey. How divine! Just looking at these pictures makes me hungry now.. Best banana bread I have ever had!!!


Not only do they serve some yummy treats and drinks, they also have so many pretty things on display all over the shop. There are SO many things I want for myself!! :) But I know where to go to get fab pressies now. Yay. And some beautiful ribbons - can never have enough ribbons.


The decor is also so simple, unique and elegant! The inside of the shop is more 'sophisticated', with vintage chairs and couch and simplistic lines (talking about the tables here). Outside they have a couple more funky and fun chairs and pillows. Don't you just love the pillows made from the hessian bags!?


They also have these awesome vintage toys - I want them all! And moms - don't worry, there is a play area for the little ones. So they can go crazy while you enjoy your tea and toasted banana bread! :)

[ I know the website is not up and running yet - so here are there details:
Tel: 021 554 5817
Email: info@breadandbutterco.co.za ]

Now, go have some tea and cake! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment